Tuesday, March 30, 2010

MASKS

I have known many faces till date. There was one thing common in all of them everyone had a mask on there face which kept me from knowing there real faces. There were times when I used to judge people, sometimes how they behaved and sometimes how they appeared but as time passed I realized that every one had a mask not only on there face but few also covered there soul with these masks. And then I faced the truth that what is the point of judging people when they are all wearing masks and not being themselves and so now I don’t judge anyone because I find no reason to judge them.
So here I talk not about knowing these people by faces but about all those people with masks. Everyone I met in the course I realized that they wore many masks, masks of attitude, mask of pride, mask of fear, mask of sympathy, mask of friendliness, mask of love and many more. Yes here I include myself in them. Even I’m one of them with masks I don’t know which masks I wear but as far as I know I have used various masks. But the question is what makes me do this?? What makes me put on these masks. What makes me act and not be myself. I hate to be someone else but me, but there are times when I’m required to put on these masks, times like when I’m not sorry but i have to be so that i ignore taking things to different levels. When I put on these masks for good reasons or that might not hurt anyone its fine to put on these masks and roam around because they won’t harm anyone.
These days I come across everyone with masks. At least i don’t expect my close ones to wear masks and be with me. Yes these masks make me happy because they are meant to make me happy, but the worst comes when I realize that these were masks and not real faces you have known. This leaves me with many more questions like why? Why me? Is some thing wrong?? Why are people so untrue and many more questions? Then my search started to find the hidden faces behind these masks and when I learnt how to get to know the real soul of a person and what makes them behave like that I found every soul to be as pure and as white as any other soul.
The basic thing that we have forgotten is to be “me” and not someone else. I don’t understand why we don’t accept ourselves just because others don’t accept us the way we are. I know that when I ask someone to do this, they may all say this is very difficult because all we need is being accepted and loved, but why do we forget that if we are being loved for what we are not and being accepted for what we are not and some else then we are really not being accepted they are accepting some one who is not you but the mask of yours. Why don’t we feel that its more better that a few people loving you and accepting you for what you are than all others accepting you for what your not.
We all these days are degrading our souls, degrading the power they have to make people accept us for what we are. We have all forgotten to be ourselves. We are all running and running hard from ourselves and portraying to be someone else.. I don’t know what makes us do this. Why are we being so rude to ourselves I ask what is the need?? But when I look at my inner true self I find myself on the same side where we all stand. I have tried to break myself from this mask but the power and need to wear this mask was some how stronger than what I estimated. I still battle to break free. Because I have discovered what I want to be and I’m working to break free these masks. Yes in this way when I saw the mask breaking I even saw few hearts breaking so it takes a lot of time to break this mask but deep inside I’m satisfied that at least I’m being me and I even feel the strength to accept the hate that people show towards me. Maybe this is the power of my soul and I can see it gaining strength.

All I want to tell is try and break those masks. You may hurt people but at the same time you would also find the strength to convince them the reason for your actions. It is not all that difficult. This is to save your self from degrading your soul and realizing the soul’s power with in you. Because there will be one day and it will surely be when you would realize this truth about acceptance and when you would realize that you have been accepted for not being you it does really hurt.
Break through the masks and discover your self……

4 comments:

  1. I have not completely read this blog of yours abt masks people wear except the first para or so. Its exams time. I would definitely like to read it later. Your narrations does not seem to be superficial and i beleive you are someone who tries to understand human relations closely.

    But, Everyone wears a mask yaar. Who doesn't? probably you too. But they get rid of it with somebody or the other if not before you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to like this cartoon "Mask"............. but otherwise, i hate masks; both wearing as well as someone else wearing.

    Arun

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe...yeh i rem masks...green fellow tht was one of my fav.....

    ReplyDelete